Sunday, February 21, 2010

perfect day, perfect run

This could have been ugly. We were running late in the day, the whole way there I was trying to think of a good enough reason to skip. It was warm, but standing waiting for Joe it felt cooler than expected. Off we went down the middle of the Blvd. It was a little tricky dodging mud puddles; Joe did some whining about getting his new shoes dirty. Now lets see here, you bought sneakers to run outside in and are upset that they are getting dirty, whatever. I was pretty surprised to see how quickly we reached the bottom of the Blvd. On the way back we made it up that slight uphill with some good speed. I was tempted to look at my watch to get an idea of the pace but I decided against it. Things felt good and that was enough. I knew heading down Cole that we were making good time. I was keeping up with Joe and the arms were pumping. It was such a nice day to be out, it felt like spring. Finally we had beaten the winter, I was wondering how we could replicate this at 4:45 tomorrow am. Even running into the wind down Elmgrove was nice. Again I had to fight the temptation to check my watch. Alright, home stretch, we picked it up. When we reached the car and I finally checked my watch I was amazed. We ran 6 miles in less than an hour, unheard of for us. I checked it again, 59:50. I don’t know how this was possible but I’ll take it. Don’t expect a repeat!

Miles trained today: 6

Days till the Chicago Marathon: 230

No comments: