Monday, February 1, 2010

January Recap

31 days in January.

97.5 miles logged over 20 days of running.

Average run 4.8 miles

0 injuries

1 half marathon

Great Month!

1st full month of marathon training behind me, goals for Feb are to get the weekly mileage into the high 30’s, continue with my lack of injuries.  I’m also planning to add an additional day of speed work.  So far so good.  It’s hard taking it slow; I just want to be at a higher mileage at a quicker pace.  This weather blows and I’ve spent more time on the treadmill than I’m willing to admit.  I’ve found with the treadmill I can focus on the run rather than the elements, which can be helpful.  I’m also able to be more precise with some of the more mundane runs in terms of pace.  That said my races aren’t on treadmills so I need to spend more time on the road in Feb.  No races planned for this month, although suggestions are welcome.  I’m kind of in the mood for a 10k, I also have the urge to register for my marathon...


Miles trained today: 5

No comments: