Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good bye 2011

I always have the lofty goal of counting up all my miles for the year but am never quite that organized. Other than a brief hiatus (when I hit whale size and was too heavy to run) I ran for most of the year. No half marathons or marathons but crossed the finish line at plenty of 5k's, a 4 miler, 10k, and 2 tri's. I've manage to return to a moderate level of training while still in boot camp for new parents. For me it was a good year with some really good runs. Other than the delivery of my son a highlight and real sense of accomplishment has been returning to running after pregnancy and delivery. I don't mean to brag but I ran a 4 miler when he was less than 3 months old and finished a tri when he was 4 months old, you have to give credit where credit is due. After all is said and done, I'm here as the Mom to a 6 month old who is still able to find the time to train. I love that look I get when people ask if I'm still able to run. Yep, I am and if you really want to know I'm enjoying it more now than ever before. Here's to another great year running with friends and family.

Miles run today: 9

No comments: