Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Better late than never

Sometimes it’s just a matter of hitting the road without much thought. It was later than I had planned and darker than I wanted it to be. I started to think about how late it was going to be when we finally finished and got home. Decided to push all of this crap away and just run. Luckily I have forgiving training partners who didn’t mind that I was an hour late. AN HOUR, I’m sorry!! It was such a nice night out. Only a few steps in before my jacket was around my waist. It felt like we were running hard, but it was fun. On the way back down the Blvd. Joe and I took a right and added to our run. We talked pretty consistently for the next few miles, just enjoying being outside and having some time without dogs or phones or the Red Sox to interrupt the conversation. Sure if we had cut it short I’d be clean, fed and wrapped up on the sofa by now, but I’m almost in the shower, dinner is on it’s way and I ran 6 miles tonight with my husband.

Miles trained today: 6

Days till Chicago: 186

Days till Beach 2 Beacon: 122

Days till Cox Half: 25

No comments: