Monday, April 19, 2010

Morning Success!

Today was the first day of a renewed morning effort! 4:55 alarm goes off. 4:56 I start to think of reasons not to run! Good thing we made plans to meet someone who I don’t text with. We have found that the first couple times we meet someone for a morning run we are more likely to actually get out there, and it especially helps if this person doesn’t text message. It’s hard to call someone at 5 and debate the pros and cons of staying in bed, but debating it via text message is NO PROBLEM! So needless to say, off we went, eyes open not more than slits. Besides the fact that it turned into a Jen and Joe race with me trailing along behind it was a great run! A little faster than was comfortable, but I didn’t want to be left out of the conversation and God forbid Joe not be allowed to be first!! Poor Jen, next time I’ll warn her that Joe is a lead hog. He could take a lesson from Ryan Hall, it doesn’t always pay to push the pace early on. The best part is right now, 5pm. I’m in the backyard with the pups, run long behind me, clean and showered. Nothing left to do but RELAX!

Miles trained today: 6

Days till Cox Half: 13

Days till Harvard Pilgrim 10k: 76

Days till Beach 2 Beacon: 110

Days till Chicago: 174

No comments: