Friday, June 19, 2009

another dreary Friday

I went to bed listening to the rain fall and hoped that I wouldn't hear that sound when I woke for the run today. I didn't hear it, but a peep out the window showed it was still pretty wet. We had a hard time getting out of the house this am. I think that Friday is the hardest morning to run. W take everything else easy on Friday, but still get up at 5 for a run. I think my body gets confused but regardless we had to get those miles in.

Even when Sue approached the car in the parking lot, I would have been completely content if we decided to call it and go back to bed, although by the time I got back home I would have had to get ready for work. We started to run, I'm not sure if it was the rain or the fact that all three of us were deliriously over tired but before we even hit Rochambeau we were laughing. The laughing got louder and louder and didn't stop till we ended it seemed like.

Like children, there were screams when someone hit a puddle, laughing when we got hit in the face with the sprinklers and good old fashion banter happening. It was hysterical. I knew we had lost it when we were trucking up Doyle Ave, barely breathing and someone muttered out a sarcastic comment that sent us into breathless laughter. At one point I wondered what people in their homes were thinking. The great part about it was, without that laughter today's run would have sucked. We were all still sore from Wednesday's workout and then last night I had been on the g-trainer. Like I said in the beginning our bodies needed and wanted a break. We got a break, a break from taking this running thing too seriously.

Days till NYC: 134
Miles trained today: 4.5

No comments: