Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday at the Edge

Ugh! Today was the first day of a 7:30am start time for the Saturday run, bad idea. When it's hotter I'll appreciate the earlier start, but today there was no need for it. Regardless we got there, earlier that usual. Typically we are the last ones to roll in, which makes it interesting since I'm the once charged with bringing the map.

The worst part about this recovery is I never know how a run will feel. I had planned on 7, but knew that I couldn't trust that my legs would cooperate. Those who know me, are aware that this not knowing really cramps my style. We headed out and immediately I could tell it was going to feel better than earlier runs, but how long would it last for. I was cautious about not going out too fast. That's also hard because I have found I'm slightly faster that where I was pre-injury. I'm not going to complain about that at all. The first several miles were slightly uncomfortable but when I realized we had hit 3, I knew I would be able to go the 7. My time was good, below a 10 min mile.

This week I got in 1 track workout and 4 runs and after all is said and done feel slightly better than were I was last week. This upcoming week I'll return to the world of PT as well as runs on the g-trainer, but if it will help to make me stronger for NYC I won't complain that much about it.

I can't help but wonder how long the glow of getting into NYC will last?

Days till NYC: 147
Miles trained today:7

No comments: