Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Making some progress

So I may have had to give up 2 hours of my life per week for the g-trainer and I have had to return to PT twice a week, but today I ran with NO pain! Something I had given up all hope on! Mind you it was all on the track so a softer surface, but I'll take it. I could have also been due to my coffee overload this afternoon, but regardless of the reason it happened and I'm psyched.

The workout was a tough one, 3 one mile repeats. Surprisingly it was pretty nice, as nice as track can be. This same workout last year would have been unmanageable for me. The goal was to get all laps in under 2:13 and I was faster than that. Miles were 8:28, 8:25 and 8:27. Working at a threshold pace meant that I should be pushing but no where near all out and I felt that way. Success all around! I'm starting to wonder what kind of pace I will be able to hold for NYC. My road work has been faster since the injury and the days on the g-trainer are also at a quicker pace. I would be pleased with something close to 4:30 for NYC, that would be about 10:18 per mile. Who knows there is a lot that needs to happen between now and then, but I'm always thinking about it.

The next thing on the horizon is a 5k this Saturday. It will be my first one in over a year. Last year I decided I was over 5k's and now this year my running club has entered into a competition with other clubs. The prize, a keg of beer, therefore I am running 5k's this year!

Days till NYC: 143
Miles trained today: 4

No comments: