Friday, June 12, 2009

rain, rain go away

It pretty amazing that with the weather today was the first day in a while I've been forced to run in the rain. Now in my own defense I am usually the first one to cancel a run due to weather, all I need is a slight mist to call it off. Alas, on November 1, 2009 I'll be running 26.2 regardless of the weather. So we went this morning after a flurry of text messages!

I was prepared with my Save the Bay wind-breaker, but when I went to find it was surprised to hear that my husband had left it with my father after a fishing trip. This news was enough for me to think about canceling, but by now had caused a big enough stink about going running I couldn't back out now. I grabbed another jacket thinking it would serve the same purpose.

It was only going to be short. Maybe it was due to the weather, maybe due to the distance, or due to it being Friday but we hit the road fast. It didn't take long to find that my jacket was not as waterproof as once thought. After the first mile it was like a second layer of skin. There were 2 other weirdo's out there running this morning, I can only imagine what got them out of bed.

In hindsight I'm glad we went this morning, we might have gotten soaked but we didn't have to deal with the humidity!

Days till NYC: 141
Miles trained today: 2.5

No comments: