Monday, June 1, 2009

New Beginnings

It was another 5:30am run today. Not nearly as warm as the other day, but none the less we got up and got it done. Funny that I am complaining about 44 degree weather, after this winter I should keep my mouth shut. My legs definitely feel like they are improving, which is good. The new orthotics come in tomorrow and those should also help. We got in 4.8 which I'll also take.

Most of the morning was spent thinking about what's next on the running radar. If I am serious about a fall marathon, the training starts now (deep breath). To be honest as much as I want to do it, I'm worried. It really sucked to put in all those miles (391.2 to be exact) for the Providence Marathon to sit back and not be able to run it. If I train for a fall marathon I'll log over 700 miles, go through 2+ pairs of sneakers and eat countless GU's. I have secretly enjoyed not loosing my weekends to long runs, but in the same breath have missed the feeling that comes with running 2+ hours. If I've learned anything from my previous training it is that the marathon will take over my life. Before engaging in any activity, from getting dressed in the morning to eating dinner at night, the question will always be "how will this effect my training". And be sure if I don't question the impact on my training, I'll be reminded on Sunday nights.

I don't know why I am perservating about this, you know as well as I do that I am going to try and as long as the feet and the legs hold out will be successful. I will train again. I will not let the fear of injury stop me. I will have a good time over the next 20 weeks (or at least pretend to).

No comments: