Wednesday, July 15, 2009

20 weeks

So it's started for real!! Training for NYC. I know, I have been training. But now it starts for real. 20 weeks out, no more slacking, no more excuses. I have spent the last week pining over my schedule, must say it looks pretty. That's not going to help me cross the finish line, so I have to make that pretty schedule translate into hard miles. I pledge that starting this week I will plan my miles in advance and unless stopped by injury will get them done as planned. I pledge no skipping long runs. No more getting cornered at the end of the week!

Here's the thing, I'm still pissed about the Providence Marathon. We ran the Breakers and finished it, but Providence was supposed to be our marathon. We trained hard and were focused and then the dreaded injury. Joe doesn't get it, he still got to run. He improved from his Breakers finish time, I still haven't had that chance. It's a hard pill to swallow and I'm not over it. I won't be over it until I finish a marathon better than the Breakers. I'm not doing 2 track workouts, 1 hill workout and a long run a week to have a shitty time. I want this and I want it bad.

Days till NYC: 108
Miles trained today: 7

No comments: