Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why do I run?

I'll be honest, running is not my favorite activity, but yet I spend hours doing it. So today, in honor of the fact I have completed not 1 but 2 track workouts this week I am going to list the top 10 reasons why I run.

1. I like to eat without thinking about if I will gain weight. Since I started to run I have found that it doesn't matter what I eat.
2. I like to brag. There is nothing like hot dogging it at work about my 7 mile run that morning.
3. I like to run with my dog Mia. Anyone who knows me, knows that I like Stanley way more than Mia. But the dog can run!
4. I like to bitch about how much I hate to run. What can I say, I'm a help rejecting complainer :)
5. I like that I get better at it.
6. I've met nice people who run. At this point if I quit running I would have to leave New England, too many people who peer pressure me to return.
7. I like to own the streets. There is something that happens at 5:30am on the streets when no one else is out there, it's amazing.
8. I like to be outside. Since we have started running we spend so much more time outdoors, there is nothing like fresh air to clean your mind.
9. I want to get faster than Joe. Mark my words, it may not happen until we are racing each other with canes, but I will beat the bastard in a 5k someday!
10. I like how it makes me feel. I felt terrible going into tonight's workout and after a tough workout I'm feeling at peace with where things are in my life right now.

Days till NYC: 122
Miles trained today: 5

No comments: